Friday, March 13, 2009

About My Ranking Systems

Thought I'd include a quick link on how each post will be setup.

PRE-READ
My take on the book before i even open the cover. Expectations, other books I've read by the author, etc.

OPENING IMPRESSIONS:
What i think about the book after I've started it, but before I finish it.

AFTER THE FINAL CHAPTER:
Yes, i stole this part from the BAchelor, but i'll change the name pretty soon. Just need to think of something cooler.

FINAL VERDICT:
Where this book ranks on my bookcase. From top to bottom:

1st Edition, HB: Damn good book. I want it on my shelves, to have and to hold, for richer or poorer. . . you get the drift. If it's really good, may be modified by: signed, (for single volumes) or matched set, (for series)

Hardback: A pretty good book. This is one you'll want to keep on your shelves a long time, and Read over and over

Paperback: A good read, but not much more. You may only reread it once or twice.

Tradeback: A book you read once, and won't read again.

Unfinished: Yeah, it that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment