Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Clash Of Kings, George RR Martin

Genre: Epic Fantasy
Author: George RR Martin
Title: "A Clash of Kings"
Series: Book 2, A Song of Ice and Fire

PRE-READ:

Even though I decided to read WarDay before this one, I'm excited about it. GRRM ended book one with a pretty good cliffhanger, so I'm interested to see what he does with this one. Does he jump all around, like L.E. Modesitt, or is it more linear like Poalini or Jordan? We'll see.

OPENING IMPRESSIONS:

Oh, of course! You already have 100+ characters, but you start this one with a new batch. Just to keep us readers on our toes, of course. Good thing it only took me 3 pages to figger out who they were.

AFTER THE FINAL CHAPTER:

3/4 of the way through, i was ready to chunck it. All the people, Houses, double crosses, killings, it was just to damn complicated. However, he pulled a great ending out of his hat, and i'll have to read the next one. (Of course, he did NOTHING with the cool ending from book one in book two, so maybe book four?)

I counted; there are 12 houses. If they just have 10 people, that's 120. how can i keepup with all of them? Anyway, I'll go into this more on the Message boards, 'cause i've promised my self no spoilers on the blog.

FINAL VERDICT:
I may have to change this to a paperback set.

No comments:

Post a Comment